Tuesday, September 22, 2009

"Happy 99th Birthday, Hoffman!"

“Hoffman Series B” Drinking Set
Design: Josef Hoffmann, 1912



I almost choked on my sandwich when Anna showed me this fabric! I became crazy. Like all that is perfect, it can easily be adapted and applied to many different mediums ei; textiles, accessories, carpets, etc. This pattern called "Linien" is the proof. The strength is in its simplicity. One very basic element of design was used..."contrast in direction". My clients are always amuses when I say "It's so simple and yet, complicated." The possibilities with this pattern are endless. Also, it's been around for nearly 100 years. This textile now produced by Unika Vaev, is as valid today in the 21st century as is was the day it was created. I look forward to specifying this textile to a worthy project. It will truly be an honour!

No comments: