Thursday, September 10, 2009

Lladro - Equus







Equus Collection. I must admit, I was surprised to see so much zebrano wood veneer.




Seating area upstairs





Equus collection



Equus collection

I just came back from Barcelona and headed for the Lladro showroom! After being allowed access into the shop, (yes, we had to be buzzed in!) I was in pure amazement. Not only was the interior lighting and detailing impeccable, but the product followed suit. I must admit, I was surprised to see so much zebrano wood veneer. I think I've seen too much of it over the past 4 years, and it's starting to loose it's charm. There are so many innovative materials on the market, there is no reason to dwell on zebrano. I really think zebrano is starting to have what I like to call "The lucky bamboo effect". But I digress...
I'm not that much into porcelain, but I have to say that a 24" Chinese dragon retailing for 18,000 euros, caught my attention. What I fell in love with is the beautiful and brilliant Equus Collection.

No comments: